Welcome to AskLeslie.net! This site is all about getting valuable healthcare guidelines, coding tips, forms & other information into the hands of those who need and use it the most. This site averages between 10,000 and 15,000 visitors per month and we're growing!! Read on for a quick "how this site works."
CMS has an e-NewsLetter now. You can keep up-to-date on a myriad of different things with this. At the bottom of the newsletter you can find out how to subscribe to it for yourself. Here's the new one with the following subject areas in it
For those of you who do business with Medi-Cal's Family PACT, there is a new policy going into affect on Dec. 30, 2013 regarding updating to ICD-9 codes instead of those local codes (S-codes) that are non-HIPAA compliant.
If you do Trigger Point Injections within the following areas, be vary careful about the new LCD from Novitas (Medicare): Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, New Jersey
Effective 12/5/2013, Novitas has whittled down the diagnosis codes for medical necessity to a mere 6.
Confessions of a real-life Pollyanna who really does hang crystals in the windows to make rainbows dance: once in a while even Pollyanna has a bad day. Here's a rant. Hit the delete if you don't like my opinion. You are welcome to sign up to comment-I don't mind a bit, but
American Medical News - Gov't
- Obama administration awards $55 million to boost health-care workforce
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Feds penalize CNY hospitals nearly $3 million for not measuring up on quality
- Doctors, hospitals and clinics reluctant to embrace data sharing, study says
OIG Criminal & Civil Enforcement
- Cenla Community Action Committee's Financial Management Practices and Systems Did Not Always Meet Federal Requirements
- Rhode Island Hospice General Inpatient Claims and Payments Did Not Always Meet Federal and State Requirements
- Massachusetts Medicaid Payments to Calvin Coolidge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for Northampton Did Not Always Comply With Federal and State Requirements
- Wyoming Incorrectly Claimed Enhanced Reimbursement for Medicaid Family Planning Sterilization Costs
- The Medicare Contractor's Payments to Maryland Providers in Jurisdiction 12 for Full Vials of Herceptin Were Sometimes Incorrect