Welcome to AskLeslie.net! This site is all about getting valuable healthcare guidelines, coding tips, forms & other information into the hands of those who need and use it the most. This site averages between 10,000 and 15,000 visitors per month and we're growing!! Read on for a quick "how this site works."
New PQRS Frequently Asked Questions Now Available To keep you updated with information on the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), CMS has recently added three new FAQs to the website. Review these FAQs to learn more about PQRS EHR reporting, Adult Treatment Panel clinical guidelines, and Joint National Committee clinical guidelines.
HR 4302, which included a delay of ICD-10 until Oct. 1, 2015 is waiting for the President to sign. Are you for or against?
US Senate has passed HR 4302: 64 to 35. It is law if the President signs. Looks like ICD-10 is delayed another year. Updates & information forthcoming as it comes in.
|Contract Clause You May Have Missed: |
Aetna Requires Yearly Fraud, Waste, Abuse Training
For those of you anxiously waiting, here's the Work Plan from the OIG for 2014.
Friday, December 27, 2013
American Medical News - Gov't
ASA - News
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches national Perioperative Surgical Home learning collaborative
- American Society of Anesthesiologists® (ASA®) Organizations Receive ASAE’s Power of A Award
- ASA Comments on CMS Rule Regarding 2014 Edition CEHRT
- Major dopamine system helps restore consciousness after general anesthesia, study finds
- US Supreme Court Schedules Oral Arguments in Case Seeking to Halt FTC Overstep
- Deal allots $17 billion for overhaul of VA healthcare system
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Medicare's hospital trust fund appears flush until 2030
- Health Policy Commission says discharge trends driving MA healthcare spending
OIG Criminal & Civil Enforcement
- Cenla Community Action Committee's Financial Management Practices and Systems Did Not Always Meet Federal Requirements
- Rhode Island Hospice General Inpatient Claims and Payments Did Not Always Meet Federal and State Requirements
- Massachusetts Medicaid Payments to Calvin Coolidge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for Northampton Did Not Always Comply With Federal and State Requirements
- Wyoming Incorrectly Claimed Enhanced Reimbursement for Medicaid Family Planning Sterilization Costs
- The Medicare Contractor's Payments to Maryland Providers in Jurisdiction 12 for Full Vials of Herceptin Were Sometimes Incorrect