You are hereERISA - General Information
ERISA - General Information
Contents on these pages can be viewed by hovering over the icon to the left of the links with your mouse. They can also be printed.
They can also be downloaded directly, by right-clicking on the link with your mouse and opening to a new window.
Appeals Letters - Samples with focus on ERISA
Certificate of Creditable Coverage - Proving your previous healthcare coverage has ended.
Challenging coverage denials under ERISA - Summary of an article by Edward G. Connette - In Trial, May, 1998, p.20
Definition - Per Wikipedia
Dept. of Labor Info - From "the horse's mouth".
ERISA and HIPAA - How does HIPAA factor into ERISA (or vice versa)?
ERISA, COBRA and HIPAA - what ERISA has to do with COBRA & HIPAA.
ERISA Compliance Assistance - from the U.S. Dept. of Labor
ERISA - How it works Excellent, easy-reading information on ERISA; what it is, how it works, etc.
Filing your Health Benefits Claim - What You Should Know.
General Erisa Information #1 - Information on needed documents (in .rtf format)
General Erisa Information #2 - Information on how ERISA enforces their healthcare regulations.
Know the Law - Directly from The Federal Register
"The ERISA Blog - a legal blog" from 2006, but scroll to the bottom for more interesting links.
American Medical News - Gov't
OIG Criminal & Civil Enforcement
- Cenla Community Action Committee's Financial Management Practices and Systems Did Not Always Meet Federal Requirements
- Rhode Island Hospice General Inpatient Claims and Payments Did Not Always Meet Federal and State Requirements
- Massachusetts Medicaid Payments to Calvin Coolidge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for Northampton Did Not Always Comply With Federal and State Requirements
- Wyoming Incorrectly Claimed Enhanced Reimbursement for Medicaid Family Planning Sterilization Costs
- The Medicare Contractor's Payments to Maryland Providers in Jurisdiction 12 for Full Vials of Herceptin Were Sometimes Incorrect