You are here****Medicare Announces SCAM Alert*****
****Medicare Announces SCAM Alert*****
This *JUST* IN, directly from CMS: Scam Alert The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has become aware of a scam where perpetrators are sending faxes to physician offices posing as the Medicare carrier or Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC). The fax instructs physician staff to respond to a questionnaire to provide an account information update within 48 hours in order to prevent a gap in Medicare payments. The fax may have the CMS logo and/or the contractor logo to enhance the appearance of authenticity. Medicare FFS providers, including physicians, non-physician practitioners, should be wary of this type of request. If you receive a request for information in the manner described above, please check with your contractor before submitting any information. Medicare providers should only send information to a Medicare contractor using the address found in the download section of the CMS.gov website found at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MLNGenInfo/ or http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MedicareProviderSupEnroll .
Medical Coding News
- The New API Economy (Now With Interoperability!!!)
- Let’s Fix Medicare Before We Expand It, Mrs. Clinton, But Then….!
- Socializing Determinants of Health
- Rural America: A Primer for Washington Officials, Columnists and Dartmouth Economists
- Six Keys to Improving Progression of Quality Care in Hospitals