"Blue Shield & Anthem Blue Cross Agree To Pay A Record $13M in Fines
Two of California’s largest insurers, Blue Shield and Anthem Blue Cross, have agreed to pay $13 million in fines for rescinding insurance policies from thousands of Californians over the past few years. The insurers will also offer new insurance coverage to those whose policies were canceled and create processes to reimburse former policyholders’ out of pocket expenses."
See the rest of the story here: http://law.freeadvice.com/insurance_law/insurers_bad_faith/blue-shield-b...
American Medical News - Gov't
OIG Criminal & Civil Enforcement
- Cenla Community Action Committee's Financial Management Practices and Systems Did Not Always Meet Federal Requirements
- Rhode Island Hospice General Inpatient Claims and Payments Did Not Always Meet Federal and State Requirements
- Massachusetts Medicaid Payments to Calvin Coolidge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for Northampton Did Not Always Comply With Federal and State Requirements
- Wyoming Incorrectly Claimed Enhanced Reimbursement for Medicaid Family Planning Sterilization Costs
- The Medicare Contractor's Payments to Maryland Providers in Jurisdiction 12 for Full Vials of Herceptin Were Sometimes Incorrect