I'm new to anesthesia billing and am having trouble. How do I show an accurate charge amount if only the time units/minutes (and not the base units) are to be noted in box 24G of the CMS 1500? Also, Medicare requires submission of anesthesia minutes instead of units...how does that work?
LANSING, Mich.: The state's battered economy took another blow Friday when Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan announced plans to eliminate up to 1,000 jobs this year and request rate increases for some of its health insurance customers. The Detroit-based nonprofit said the moves are necessary to preserve its financial health. Read the rest of this story here: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/01/16/america/Blue-Cross-Job-Cuts.php
E-Prescribing Incentive Program Update
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has condensed all 56 Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) carrier specific pricing files into one zip file. This file is found in the list on the CMS web page at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PhysicianFeeSched/PFSCSF/list.asp. It is labeled as “All States” in the State field, and “2009” in the Calendar Year field. Because the list is ordered by State name, “All States” appears after the Alaska files. If you sort by most recent Calendar Year, the file will appear at the top of the list.
Somebody please close the door - I think the animals escaped from the barn! __________________________________ CMS Issues Three National Coverage Determinations to Protect Patients From Preventable Surgical Errors
How does this affect you? Read the entire story here: http://www.businessinsurance.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=15046
NY has made the stand and won, however... if you read the articles at the links referenced below you will not see any settlement for the "Insured" if it has been determined that the carriers must repay for their re-pricing practices why aren't the consumers being offered claims re-processing and refunds for deemed over payments? Am I missing something? Comments, feedback - get your voice heard and especially if you are one of the consumers that more than likely will face premium increases to offset the settlement payments!
American Medical News - Gov't
OIG Criminal & Civil Enforcement
- Cenla Community Action Committee's Financial Management Practices and Systems Did Not Always Meet Federal Requirements
- Rhode Island Hospice General Inpatient Claims and Payments Did Not Always Meet Federal and State Requirements
- Massachusetts Medicaid Payments to Calvin Coolidge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for Northampton Did Not Always Comply With Federal and State Requirements
- Wyoming Incorrectly Claimed Enhanced Reimbursement for Medicaid Family Planning Sterilization Costs
- The Medicare Contractor's Payments to Maryland Providers in Jurisdiction 12 for Full Vials of Herceptin Were Sometimes Incorrect