"Blue Shield & Anthem Blue Cross Agree To Pay A Record $13M in Fines
Two of California’s largest insurers, Blue Shield and Anthem Blue Cross, have agreed to pay $13 million in fines for rescinding insurance policies from thousands of Californians over the past few years. The insurers will also offer new insurance coverage to those whose policies were canceled and create processes to reimburse former policyholders’ out of pocket expenses."
See the rest of the story here: http://law.freeadvice.com/insurance_law/insurers_bad_faith/blue-shield-b...
Ester Horowitz, MBA, CMC
Medical Coding News
- MIPS Reporting: MACRA Final Rule Lists Available Quality Measures for MIPS reporting
- Reimbursement, Billing in Radiology: Updates and Issues
- The Evolution of the International Classification of Disease
- Coding for Clarity: Echocardiography Gains Two New CPT Add-On Codes
- Healthcare Reform Can Create Confusion Over Compliance for Providers