Free ICD-10 code-a-thon with AAPC and CMS: Get answers to your coding questions
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is collaborating with the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) on a “code-a-thon” event to help physicians and other health care providers and industry professionals prepare for the ICD-10 transition.
COLUMBIA, S.C. — BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has signed an agreement to purchase Cigna Government Services as part of a strategy to build on its government business line, a spokesperson for the giant insurer confirmed March 28.
Part B Announcements from CIGNA Government Services
Correction to the Preventive Services Table for CPT Codes 90471 and 90472 - Please note that a correction has been issued by CMS to the Preventive Services Table (via Change Request #7012), with specific regard to CPT codes 90471 and 90472.
American Medical News - Gov't
ASA - News
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches national Perioperative Surgical Home learning collaborative
- American Society of Anesthesiologists® (ASA®) Organizations Receive ASAE’s Power of A Award
- ASA Comments on CMS Rule Regarding 2014 Edition CEHRT
- US Supreme Court Schedules Oral Arguments in Case Seeking to Halt FTC Overstep
- New Memo on Modifier 50
OIG Criminal & Civil Enforcement
- Cenla Community Action Committee's Financial Management Practices and Systems Did Not Always Meet Federal Requirements
- Rhode Island Hospice General Inpatient Claims and Payments Did Not Always Meet Federal and State Requirements
- Massachusetts Medicaid Payments to Calvin Coolidge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for Northampton Did Not Always Comply With Federal and State Requirements
- Wyoming Incorrectly Claimed Enhanced Reimbursement for Medicaid Family Planning Sterilization Costs
- The Medicare Contractor's Payments to Maryland Providers in Jurisdiction 12 for Full Vials of Herceptin Were Sometimes Incorrect