Part B Announcements from CIGNA Government Services
Correction to the Preventive Services Table for CPT Codes 90471 and 90472 - Please note that a correction has been issued by CMS to the Preventive Services Table (via Change Request #7012), with specific regard to CPT codes 90471 and 90472.
As you might be aware, CMS does not recognize the 80101/80102 codes any longer. HCPCS code G0430 was deleted and was actually broken out into new categories with G0431 and G0434 more accurately describing the work involved in collecting and testing the urine samples.
In 2011, G0431's descriptor was changed to: "Drug screen, qualitative; multiple drug classes by high complexity test method (e.g.
From AMA Practice Management Alerts:
Free AMA resource helps physicians put prevention into practice for Medicare patients
New law limits "creditors" subject to Red Flags Rule
Many physicians will avoid being subject to the Red Flags Rule enforcement date because a new law, the Red Flag Program Clarification Act of 2010, limits the d
American Medical News - Gov't
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- The way we pay for healthcare is broken. A CEO describes how
- A life-saving alternative to open heart surgery
- CA hospitals reported 6,282 adverse events over four years
- Study: Health IT use could affect physicians' capacity to see patients
OIG Criminal & Civil Enforcement
- Cenla Community Action Committee's Financial Management Practices and Systems Did Not Always Meet Federal Requirements
- Rhode Island Hospice General Inpatient Claims and Payments Did Not Always Meet Federal and State Requirements
- Massachusetts Medicaid Payments to Calvin Coolidge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for Northampton Did Not Always Comply With Federal and State Requirements
- Wyoming Incorrectly Claimed Enhanced Reimbursement for Medicaid Family Planning Sterilization Costs
- The Medicare Contractor's Payments to Maryland Providers in Jurisdiction 12 for Full Vials of Herceptin Were Sometimes Incorrect